The Binnies commissioning team operate in the clean water, wastewater, industrial and power industries in the UK and overseas, and support multiple clients and service providers. Our capabilities, expertise, knowledge and experience enable us to exceed our clients’ expectations across all sectors while working to the highest quality, health, safety and sustainability standards.
Our team support the project from concept to completion. We provide a valuable and central contribution to initial design and layout, programme development and cost forecasting. We also advise on product reliability and specialist contractor selection. We build strong relationships with all our clients that are centred on trust, honesty and integrity.
We have a strong process, mechanical, electrical, and industrial control and automation (ICA) skill set across our team of long-serving engineers.
We offer a wide range of technical services and provide support for and structured assessments of any client issues. The services we offer include
- commissioning new and re-commissioning existing plant items
- design team support
- site audits and identification of enhancements
- factory acceptance and site acceptance tests
- hazard communication (HAZCOMM).
We offer a range of operational support services. Our operational support staff not only support the wider commissioning team during new work optimisation and performance test periods but also assist our various clients with short- or long-term operational requirements. Our operational support service includes
- aftercare, focusing on a ‘soft landing’ approach at project handover
- support for clients during process optimisation periods
- long- or short-term secondment of staff
- operator support for sampling and analysis regimes
- support from an operational engineer during pilot plant trials.
Client training services
Our commissioning team has generated repeat business by providing additional training services to our clients. Further business opportunities can be generated from existing client relationships. We can provide
- refresher training courses to support client personnel changes or for top-up training
- operational on-site familiarisation training
- process optimisation training
- ICA and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) refresher training
- revised training manuals, test papers, feedback and attendance certification.
We have provided commissioning consultancy services to the government energy regulator OFGEM in respect of industry standards and practices for commissioning equipment used in the production of biomethane as part of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Our approach to commissioning is collaborative and divided into three key sections: consult, to ensure the client’s expectations are clearly understood; deliver what has been specified in a timely and cost-efficient way; and manage all commissioning interfaces throughout the life cycle of each project.
We instil safe working behaviours throughout our commissioning group and to our subcontractors through our behavioural safety initiative and encourage everyone to recognise and adopt the right safety behaviours so that we can eliminate unsafe acts and situations arising from ‘at-risk’ behaviours.
“Sustainable, flexible, efficient partnering ethos that delivers a quality solution at pace within a safe, customer-focused and professional, collaborative environment”
Binnies is part of the RSK group of companies
The RSK group is a leading integrated environmental, engineering and technical services business offering bespoke end-to-end solutions to a variety of sectors. Headquartered in the UK but with an established presence throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, RSK helps organisations around the world achieve their business aspirations in a sustainable and efficient manner.