Since the 1920s, Binnies has been spearheading the development of sustainable and innovative water infrastructure for its clients worldwide. Our capabilities, built on experience spanning more than 100 years of providing engineering solutions for water, waste water, reuse water, desalinated water and flood protection, position us strongly as an independent advocate for our clients.
As the owner’s engineer, we will work with your business to navigate the complexities of due diligence, engineering, planning, design and construction to bring value to all the stakeholders without compromising on safety, sustainability and efficiency.
On appointment, we undertake to study and prepare a preliminary design report, prepare bid documents for tender and administer the awarded design-and-construction contract until completion of your project The Singapore Tuaspring desalination plant project completed in 2013 is an example of this sort of three-stage work, see below.
Study and preliminary design
- → Initials studies, investigations and authority pre-consultations
- → Preparation and submission of the preliminary design report
- → Preparation of pre-tender cost estimates, including drawings and other bid documents required for the calling of a design-and-construction tender
- → Preparation of tender evaluation and recommendation report to enable the client to award the contract
Contract administration of construction and commissioning
- → Administration of contracts
- → Tracking and monitoring the progress of construction and commissioning work to ensure compliance and timely completion
Binnies is part of the RSK group of companies
The RSK group is a leading integrated environmental, engineering and technical services business offering bespoke end-to-end solutions to a variety of sectors. Headquartered in the UK but with an established presence throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Australia, RSK helps organisations around the world achieve their business aspirations in a sustainable and efficient manner.